Outlook 2003 Mail Setup
Posted on 3 July 2009
- Follow the instructions below to set up POP access in Outlook 2003.
To set up your Outlook client to work with Gmail:
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts…
- Click Add a new e-mail account, and click Next.
- Choose POP3 as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
Email Address: Enter your full email address (email@example.com)
Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
User Name: Enter your Gmail username (including @gmail.com).
Password: Enter your Gmail password
- Click More Settings… and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming Server (POP3).
- Check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) box.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings… After receiving Congratulations! All tests completed successfully, click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Download the latest updates for Outlook from Microsoft. This will help prevent the most common Outlook errors Gmail users see.
Congratulations! You’re done configuring your client to send and retrieve Gmail messages.